These low carb Bailey’s cupcakes are a great holiday treat. A light chocolate almond flourcake is piped with a creamy frosting with a dash or two of sugar free Bailey’s Irish Cream.
What better flavour combination for the holidays or as a special treat but chocolate with Bailey’s frosting? The Bailey’s is my sugar free recipe. Make a batch and use some of it for these cupcakes.
How to make Baileys chocolate cupcakes
The cupcake is a simple chocolate almond flour cupcake. You could replace the almond flour with coconut flour but reduce the coconut flour to ½ cup. The secret to the lightness of these low carb cupcakes is the sour cream. I made a batch without it and the cupcakes were more like muffins.
The frosting is good enough to eat directly from the bowl with a spoon! Cream cheese, butter and allulose flavoured with Baileys. I use allulose as I find that it does not have that “minty” aftertaste some other low carb sweeteners can have.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
If you want to make these cupcake alcohol free, simply omit the Baileys. You could add a touch of coffee to the frosting too.
You might have frosting left over as I made a large batch of it and piped into on thick and tall! Keep any leftover frosting in a sealed container in the fridge for another batch or smother it on your breakfast pancakes or waffles.
More low carb cupcakes to bake
Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a muffin tin with 9 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl add the butter, sour cream and monkfruit sweetener and whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to whisk.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake for 20-15 minutes until the tops of the cupcakes are firm.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before removing them to cool on a cooling rack.
Make the Frosting
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the powdered sweetener and whisk until combined.
- Add the Bailey Irish cream a tablespoon at a time, whisk and taste test. You may not want all the tablespoons or you might want to increase it!
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe on top of the cupcakes.
- Serve with a light dusting of cocoa powder (optional)
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.