The flavours of chicken, parmesan and herbs are delivered in meatball form and cooked in the air fryer for a crispy, moist dish. It's an easy recipe that would be a good introduction to a low carb diet .
Easy air fryer chicken meatballs are a quick meal ready in 15 minutes. A low carb and gluten free recipe that will be a family favourite.
How to make chicken parmesan meatballs
Traditionally chicken parmesan is chicken breast, flattened, covered in Parmesan and baked. I've yet to try this in the air fryer but due to it's size, thought a meatball version would be quicker to cook.
Ground chicken is mixed with all the flavours of a chicken parmesan and cooked in the air fryer. Once cooked, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese is heated over them before serving.
What to serve with chicken parmesan meatballs
As well as being great by themselves, these keto chicken meatballs are delicious served with zucchini noodles or low carb noodles. Another easy side dish would be fried cabbage noodles.
The chicken meatballs could be served in a baking dish with the marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
If you don't have an air fryer, the meatballs could be baked. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180C/350F degrees.
More low carb meatball recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- Mix the meatball ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Using clean damp hands form large walnut sized balls with the chicken mixture or use a cookie scoop.
- Lightly spray the air fryer tray.
- Place the chicken balls in the air fryer, ensuring that they are not touching and lightly spray them.
- Cook at 180C/350F degrees for 12-14 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle a spoonful of marinara over each meatball and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.