This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
A pumpkin cheesecake brownie that has the warmth of pumpkin spices in a creamy brownie. A delicious low carb and gluten free treat.
The initial intentions was to gently swirl the pumpkin cheesecake mixture into the chocolate brownie. My swirling peaked too soon and before I knew it, the mixture was combined. You may want to be a bit more delicate than me and keep your pumpkin swirl more pronounced. I was definitely a bit heavy-handed with my swirling and quickly passed the point of it looking as pretty as I had intended.
Looking through my recipes I seem to have a penchant for mixing cheesecake and brownies together. If it works, stay with it! Plus it keeps the Chief Taster happy when I tell him that he is getting cheesecake AND brownie for dessert. Although you can almost hear the slight whimper when he sees one piece of dessert on his plate and not the slab of cheesecake AND brownie that he was expecting. You’d think he would learn by now, but I admire his optimism!
Low Carb Brownie
Together cheesecake and brownie make a moist and delicious dessert that is much better the next day if you can wait that long. Once that pumpkin cheesecake brownie mixture has set and the pumpkin flavours developed you will be face down in a plate of brownies and growling like a tigress if anyone approaches you for one.
- 1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol (56g) (or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (28g) cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup (75g) coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (122g) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8oz (224g) cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (56g) erythritol (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a baking or brownie tin with greaseproof paper. I use an 8 inch square baking tin, because it's easier to cut into squares!
- Make the brownie mixture first by whisking the eggs, butter and coconut milk in a bowl. I use a hand held electric whisk but a strong will and spoon would do!
- Add the baking powder, coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, add the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, egg, pumpkin spices, and sugar substitute and blend until smooth.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking/brownie tin and spread evenly.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top and gently smooth over the brownie mixture or swirl like a madwoman as I did.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Cut into squares, eat and enjoy!
- Makes 9 Squares
- Nutritional Info per square: 222 Calories, 21g Fat, 6g Protein, Total Carbs 5g, 2g Fibre, 3g Net Carbs
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $7.81Was: $8.99