Flavoured syrups are a great addition to a summer cocktail or a water infusion. The ginger gives a refreshing zing! As ever, I use a sugar replacement. You could make it with sugar if you wished…but think of those carbs…!
A dash of this is fabulous with some raspberry infused vodka….mmm
1 large piece of ginger
1 cup water
1 cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring to ensure the erthyritol is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Sieve the liquid to remove the ginger pieces and keep in a jar.
- Use and enjoy!