A chicken fajita salad that is a healthy lunch or dinner.
This is a spicy salad and can be the healthier alternative to a Fajita…well, no carb wrap..just the chicken and veggies. It looks colourful which I love as food should look fabulous as well as being yummy. You could serve this with a side of sour cream and/or avocado salsa if you wish too. The husband happily munched this as it came. Easy to make, easier to eat…what more could a Diva ask for? Or the husband of a Diva…
I cooked this on the stove but it would be just as easy to cook the chicken on a bbq or under a grill.
- 1 chicken breast (skin on or off is up to you)
- 1 tblspn lime juice
- 1 tbslpn olive oil
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 1 tspn mild chilli powder
- 1 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 100g salad leaves
- Mix the lime juice, oil, chilli, cayenne and oregano in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover and leave to marinade for at least an hour.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the salad leaves on a plate and top with the onions and pepper, then the chicken.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info - 477 Calories, 18g Fat, 58g Protein, 22g Total Carbs, 7g Fibre, 15g Net Carbs