This healthy low carb bread tastes pretty close to the real thing as it has the texture of bread and toasts very well. It is also a gluten free bread that has a mixture of my three favourite low carb flours. Enjoy it as toast, or slice thinly for yummy sandwiches!
When you stop eating bread either for a low carb diet or because you cannot eat gluten, you can still hanker for a piece of toast in the morning. This healthy bread can help your mornings get off to a good start. A slice toasted with an egg on top is just delicious!
Although this recipe can be made in a food processor you could use a hand electric whisk or even just get an upper arm workout with a spoon and a bowl!
The low carb flours used in this recipe have a great fibre content so it will keep you full too.
UPDATE – I’ve revised this bread with the addition of pysllium husk powder in this recipe. Try it too!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal (golden if possible)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the over to 180C/350F degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients together
- Add and pulse in the eggs, oil, and vinegar
- Pour batter into a the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Cool, eat and enjoy!
- Makes 10 slice
- Nutritional Info per slice - 189 Calories, 7g Protein, 16g Fat, 6g Carb, 3.5g Fibre, 2.5g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes and never miss a recipe! You get a free low carb & gluten free Bread & Baking eCookbook too.
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you like this bread you may also like this version! Paleo Bread