Zucchini noodles are served with a caper sauce, red pepper and grilled Feta cheese. This is a delicious tangy dish that jump starts your taste buds.
If you are the type of person to drink pickle juice from the jar, then you will probably enjoy this recipe. Now, that’s not a sentence I ever thought I’d write! The tangy, briny flavour of the capers goes well with the sharp creamy Feta cheese with a hint of sweetness from the grilled red peppers.
Making zucchini noodles are half the fun of cooking with them. I feel like a young child playing with PlayDough as I push them through my spiralizer. They are easy to cook with and handle too. The only real decision is what sauce to cook them with.
I normally serve my zucchini noodles with a creamy sauce but wanted a change so thought I’d try a caper sauce. There’s a cauliflower dish with capers and lemon that I make which I adore, purely because of the caper taste. Perhaps I AM one of those people who would drink pickle juice?
This caper sauce would be great with fish or chicken too. You might want to serve it on the side, rather than slather over the zucchini noodles in this recipe. This zucchini noodle recipe is so easy to make and could be whipped up for an easy lunch. Which I did! As I already had a jar of grilled red peppers in the cupboard, that cut down on the time to make this too.
When you grill the Feta cheese, make sure that the slices are not too thin as you want it to hold some of its shape. Grilled Feta cheese is delicious and a great salad topper with a bit of seasoning added. It helps balance the caper taste and gives this zucchini noodle recipe an added texture.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Zucchini Noodles with Caper Sauce & Feta
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 oz Capers
- 2 oz Feta cheese cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the peppers into half and removed the seeds.
- Place skin up, under a hot grill until the skin is charred.
- Removed from the grill and allow to cool.
- Remove the skin and chop into pieces.
- Alternatively, purchase a jar of grilled red peppers and cut one up!
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and chopped onion. Cook on a medium heat until golden.
- Place into a food processor and add the remaining oil, parsley, lemon juice and capers. Pulse until you have a rough, chunky blend.
- Place the Feta under a hot grill and cook until golden.
- Spiralize the zucchini (or cut into ribbons).
- Using the pan in which you fried the onions, cook the zucchini noodles on a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Add the caper sauce and scatter the red pepper and Feta cheese over the noodles.
- Eat and enjoy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.