A delicious tiramisu cheesecake that is a perfect combination of two classic desserts in one low carb and gluten free treat.
This low carb dessert is very light and creamy. You will find yourself wanting another piece as soon at the fork scrapes the final piece from your plate. It’s low enough in carbs too!
The rum in this tiramisu cheesecake can be optional but I thoroughly recommend it. Tiramisu isn’t tiramisu without a hint of a kick! Well, in our house at least! You could use an other spirit of your choice instead, just check the carb content first.
I used a chocolate almond flour cake for the base as I often like a sponge or brownie base to my cheesecakes. In the absence of a crunchy biscuit base, op for a cake instead. Combined with a tiramisu recipe, the sponge cake seemed a great idea.
This tiramisu cheesecake is very easy to make and could be made ahead. I kept it in the fridge overnight,but it could be ready in a couple of hours as the cheesecake base does not take a long time to firm. I would recommend that once you pipe the cream topping that you put the tiramisu cheesecake back in the fridge for the cream to keep its shape. But that might be just the heat here. As I was taking photos, I was against the clock of the cream succumbing to the heat.
We enjoyed many slices of this tiramisu cheesecake over a couple of days. It keeps well in the fridge and it does not dry up. I think the rum helps!
Watch the Video
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup erythritol
- ⅓ cup coffee
- ¼ cup rum optional
- ¾ cup cream heavy/whipping
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs and erythritol in a medium bowl until blended and light in colour.
- Add the butter and continue to mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the rum) and whisk until the mixture is smooth and is an even chocolate colour.
- Place the mixture into a greased, parchment line spring form cake tin (I use an 8 inch size tin)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the rum over the sponge. (Optional)
- Set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and mascarpone together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the erythritol, coffee and rum (if using rum) and mix until smooth
- Spoon on top of the cake base then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight to set.
- Whip the cream until thick peaks
- Pipe the cream on top of the cheesecake.
- Using a sieve, gentle cover the cream with the cocoa powder, shaking it over evenly.