This low carb rosemary garlic flatbread is very easy to make and utterly delicious. It makes a great side dish or a tasty appetiser.
Using the Fathead dough pizza base recipe, I made this garlic flatbread and added rosemary for extra flavour. Plus, I love the smell of rosemary baking.
You could make one large garlic flatbread with this recipe or two smaller ones as I did. It felt less guilty munching a smaller flatbread rather than a large one. Cut the garlic flatbread into slices too, to portion out your snacking needs! It would make a great bread for a gathering. Serve a couple of slices of this and once you have watched your friends scoff it down, inform them that this is the joy of low carb!
I added a touch of butter towards the end of the baking to keep the garlic flatbread moist and who doesn’t love melted butter on their flatbread?!
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity and is something I now bake when we are hungry and don’t want to wait ages. The joy that is Fathead dough is that it is very filling. I didn’t even want breakfast the next day!
Rosemary Garlic Flatbread
- 1.5 Cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary, Fresh Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl. Either zap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and zap for another 30 seconds. If the mixture has not melted then give it another blast in the microwave.
- If you don’t have a microwave, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until melted.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the egg, garlic powder and almond flour.
- Stir until you have a dough mixture.
- Cut the dough into 2 balls.
- Place one dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper, then lay another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out the dough into a small flatbread shape. Remove the top baking paper.
- Prick the flatbread with fork holes to stop any rising.
- Scatter the chopped garlic and rosemary on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and dot pieces of the butter over the flatbreads.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Slice into strips and eat immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.