This simple butternut squash recipe is pure comfort food in a dish. Sliced, roasted and filled with Camembert cheese, this is a healthy version of baked potato with cheese!
This looks and tastes delicious! The sweetness of the butternut squash and the creamy Camembert goes so well with the garlic bringing together these two for a perfect combination. It looks impressive but is so easy to make. The whole dish, including the skin can be munched too. Kinda like a baked potato when you wolfed down the crispy skin. Wow your friends at dinner/supper/Thanksgiving/any other holiday/Come Dine With Me/family gathering/trying to impress the in-laws etc...!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Camembert
- 2 Small butternut squash halved, seeds removed
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled & sliced
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg grated
- 6-8 Thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 10 oz Camembert cheese rounds halved horizontally
- 10 Cherry tomatoes preferable on the vine
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F degrees.
- Put the squash into a roasting tin and season well.
- Sprinkle with the garlic, nutmeg and a few thyme sprigs, and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 1 hr until the flesh is just tender.
- Place each Camembert half in the squash cavity, and top with more thyme sprigs and a few tomatoes.
- Roast for 10 mins until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are beginning to roast.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.