A baked butternut squash dish that is a great low carb comfort dish. The butternut is made into noodles, then baked.
This was the first time that I had used butternut squash in my spiralizer and I was pleasantly surprised as it yielded firm noodles and was an easy vegetable to use. This is what I call an easy, lazy comfort dish as you just mix all the ingredients, throw it in the oven and eat. No fancy preparation apart from working the spiralizer.
I would recommend that you don't stir the noodles too much as I did as it will break them up. I have a natural tendency to fiddle and stir and should have left this dish alone without the constant touching. However, the end result was a creamy, sweet dish with a great balance between the sage and thyme. There's something about those two herbs that just go perfectly with butternut squash.
If you don't have a spiralizer then you could cut the butternut squash into small chunks, roast them and then add the sauce.
Parmesan & Sage Baked Butternut Squash Noodles
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tblspn fresh sage chopped
- 1 tspn fresh thyme chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tblspns single cream
- 2 tblspn cream cheese
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Peel, deseed and cut the butternut squash into large chunks.
- Process the butternut squash through the spiralizer.
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cream, sage, thyme and Parmesan together in a bowl.
- Place the noodles in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the cream cheese mixture over the noodles. Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes