A revised and updated verion of my healthy bread recipe. It should be called healthy bread 2.0! I played around with the original recipe and came up with this delicious version which personally I think it a bit more "bread like" for a low carb bread mainly due to the addition of psyllium husk powder.
This paleo bread is great sliced and toasted. The Chief Taster has been enjoying a slice every morning with his scrambled eggs each morning. It seems to keep him going all morning as he has not been beating down the door at lunchtime with a ravenous hunger.
I added chia seeds to give the bread a bit of a healthy crunch, but also for the many nutritional benefits of these little wonders. This a great low carb bread full of all my favourite low carb flours and so easy to make too. You could add other flavours to this with herbs and spices and not be disappointed. My next plan with this is to probably add some seeds to it.
The joy that is pysllium husk powder gives this bread the dough like texture that is often missing from low carb breads. High in fibre and low in carbs, what more could you ask for!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line the bottom of a loaf tin with a strip of parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Add the eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Add the oil and work the mixture until combined and slightly sticky.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into mixture and stir it through. The dough may bubble up and change color due to the chemical reaction of the vinegar but don't be alarmed!
- Add the water, a bit at a time until you have a dough-like texture.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan, smoothing it out evenly.
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Remove from the oven, eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per slice - 215 Calories, 17g Fat, 9g Total Carbs, 3g Net Carbs, 6g Fibre, 8g Protein
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes