This baked keto lemon cheesecake is light and creamy with a spicy nut crust. The crust is flavoured with ginger and compliments the creamy lemon cheesecake.
I don't often make cheesecakes that you bake as I normally don't find them creamy enough for my tastes and they normally crack. However, all this is about to change with this recipe! It is one of the creamiest cheesecakes I have made and cooked perfectly. The zesty taste of the lemon combined with the creamy texture hit all of my buttons. The Chief Taster was beside himself and declared this one the best one yet. The downside is that this needs to be baked a day ahead before eating it...but it's worth the wait!
I used a mixture of ground almonds and hazelnut for the crust of this low carb lemon cheesecake and spiced it up a bit. You could use other nuts if you wish. So far, this is my favourite low carb base for a cheesecake, as well as my favourite cheesecake recipe. I will have to have a play round with this recipe with other flavours too, although the citrus of this keto lemon cheesecake is just perfect for a summer's day!
How to Bake a Cheesecake
I used the water bath method to bake this keto lemon cheesecake and now swear by it. It is as simple as baking a cheesecake in a deep roasting tin of water. The cheesecake tin must be wrapped in foil to ensure no leakage, but other than that, this is a simple method to bake a cheesecake. The end result was so creamy and delicious. Once you start making low carb cheesecake's with this method you will not want to change it!
Baked Cheesecake Steps
Other Cheesecake Recipes To Enjoy
Baked Lemon Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts ground
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted unsoftened
- 3 tablespoons erythritol low carb sweetener
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup erythritol low carb sweetener
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
MAKE THE BASE
- Cover the bottom of a 7 inch cake tin with silver foil, ensuring that it comes up to the sides too. You don’t want any water to get into the tin when baking it! Line it with parchment paper too.
- Mix the hazelnut nuts, almond flour, ginger, erythritol and butter together and blend well.
- Press down into the cake tin and place in the fridge to firm.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer or whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the erythritol and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure the mixture is smooth.
- Add the lemon peel and juice and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the cake tin on top of the chilled base.
- Place the cake tin into a large baking pan and fill with water so it comes up to about 2/3rds of the side of the cake tin.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes until the cheesecake is firm to the touch.
- Cool and chill overnight Or a minimum of 4 hours (will power IS required here!)
- Remove from the tin, garnish, eat and enjoy!