Spinach artichoke pizza is a delicious combination of a spinach artichoke dip with a low carb and gluten free pizza base.
If you enjoy a spinach artichoke dip as well as a sturdy pizza, then this is a recipe for you. A delicious keto pizza base, topped with a spinach artichoke mixture makes a delicious change from the standard olives and mushrooms.
I’ve been playing around with the famous Fat Head Dough and have mainly been using it for pizza dough. It’s something I need to spend a solitary afternoon with a big bag of Mozzarella cheese to have a good play around with. I first tried it with coconut flour but didn’t like the taste. I will confess that I didn’t measure the coconut flour so need to revisit this with my trusty measuring cups in hand.
For anyone who doesn’t know, Fat Head pizza was created by Tom Naughton’s oldest brother’s oldest son. Ever since it has been named in honour of his Fat Head Movie. Fat Head is a comedy-documentary that explains how low cholesterol is unhealthy, saturated fat does not cause heart disease but instead sugars, grains, starches and processed vegetable oils do.
Spinach Artichoke Pizza
So, my next attempt with the Fat Heat dough was with almond flour. This was delicious but since I am a big fan of coconut flour I have not yet given up on that. To you who are new to the Fat Head Dough recipe, this is a recipe that is as simple as melting mozzarella and cream cheese together, add a low carb flour and voila!
This keto, low carb and gluten free dough is chewy like normal pizza and sturdy enough to pick up with your hands to eat. There’s so much potential with this dough that you may find yourself baking it every day!
I love pizza as much as the next person, but sometimes feel that you can become complacent with it and just use the same toppings again and again. I wanted something different. I had been looking an old spinach artichoke dip recipe that needs a revamp for photos and thought that this would be perfect as a topping for a Fat Head Dough pizza. I was not wrong.
The pizza base is sturdy enough to take a decent amount of topping and the spinach artichoke flavour combination was a winner. So, if you are making a spinach artichoke dip, put some aside and have it as a pizza topping!
Keto Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- ½ cup Spinach cooked
- ¼ cup Artichokes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice & rind
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl. Either zap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and zap for another 30 seconds. If the mixture has not melted then give it another blast in the microwave.
- If you don’t have a microwave, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and stir until melted.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the egg, seasoning and almond flour.
- Stir until you have a dough mixture.
- Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, then lay another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out the dough into a pizza shape. Remove the top baking paper.
- Prick the pizza base with fork holes (it will rise otherwise).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Spread with the topping and bake for a further 5 minutes.
To Make the Topping
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mash until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spread over the pizza
This was soo good!! It was delicious especially for being gluten free. It was really good leftover. We had fun making it!
Delighted you all enjoyed it!
I love this pizza! I made it once with huge success it was so easy! Now the next 2 times I have tried to make it, I can't get the dough to form! It is all soupy!!!! HELP! Should the egg be room temp maybe?
Perhaps omit the egg and see if that helps?
Hiya, great recipe! Think though that it might be a good idea if you could change the second part of the cheese zapping to read 30 seconds rather than minutes; you don't want someone suing you because their microwave has blown up! LOL x
True! I rely on common sense and not everyone has that!