Jalapeno Cheddar biscuits are a delicious melt in your mouth with a punch bite. Baked with coconut flour they are low carb and gluten free. At only 1g net carb each biscuit you can happily have a feast!
I have a couple of cheese biscuit recipes that we both love which have a touch of cayenne pepper for a slight hint of heat. As I adore jalapeno and cheese together I decided to up the heat of my cheese biscuits. This jalapeno cheddar biscuit recipe is just as simple as throwing all the ingredients into a blender to blitz.
The colour of the dough goes a slight green and I only used two jalapeno peppers of medium size. When the biscuits are baked the green colour disappears and it replaced with a golden shade. Otherwise they would be perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day! You could add another jalapeno if you like a hotter heat.
I used as strong a Cheddar cheese as I possibly could find. Although Aruba is awash with many, many flavours of Gouda I am limited to the varieties of Cheddar cheese. There is some amazing Gouda though. Perhaps my next batch of jalapeno cheese biscuits should incorporate Gouda. A strong Cheddar bakes well with the coconut flour and gives these jalapeno cheddar biscuits a great melt in your mouth texture.
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
We feasted on these jalapeno cheddar biscuits with relish but saved some for the next day. I stored them in the fridge so they hardened up a bit in texture but still tasted delicious. Actually, I would go as far to say that they are moreish as I could not pass the fridge without opening the door and popping one in my mouth under the guise of taste testing.
As with my cream cheese cookies, the dough for these jalapeno cheddar biscuits needs to be rolled out in parchment paper then firmed up in the fridge or the freezer before baking. The mixture is too sticky to handle otherwise. You could make the dough beforehand and store in the fridge, ready to whip up a batch of these delicious melt in your mouth, go well with a glass of wine delights!
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1/2 cup (56g) Coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons (84g) Butter, unsalted softened
- 2-3 Jalapeno peppers deseeded & chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) Cheddar Cheese grated
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Scoop out the mixture and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Mould into a log shape with your hands, then roll up with the parchment paper like a Christmas cracker.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up (you could use the freezer for a faster time)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Unroll the parchment paper and cut the log into slices. Place the slices onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins=’B008RJMXPQ,B000YF99GM,B00IDCFXG8′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’divaliciou04c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5a7428c9-6c1e-11e7-8086-67f7a75c770b’]