Low carb chocolate chili cupcakes are slathered with a creamy lime frosting for a delicious combination of taste and texture. Baked with almond flour, these cupcakes are low carb and gluten free.
Chili goes so well with chocolate and enhances it's flavour. Add the fresh lime topping and you have a great combination for your palate.
How to make low carb chocolate chili cupcakes
These low carb cupcakes are made with almond flour. If you want to bake with coconut flour use ½ cup.
For the chili heat I've used a combination of cayenne pepper and cinnamon rather than chili pepper.
This is a simple cupcake recipe. Simply mix and bake!
The spice of chilli goes surprisingly well with chocolate...it gives it a little kick but does not overpower it. You do not notice the chilli at first bite, but it suddenly creeps up on you as a delicious surprise. Chocolate is often added to chilli's to give the flavour a bit of depth, so why not the other way around! The lime topping is a nice contrast to the chocolate and spice taste too.
Replace the lime cream cheese topping with a chocolate ganache for a great low carb chocolate cupcake.
Add chocolate chips for an extra chocolate taste.
More low carb cupcakes
Peanut Butter Frosted Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chili Chocolate Cupcakes with Lime Topping
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ cup monkfruit or other low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
Cream Cheese Topping
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup allulose
- 1 lime zest & juice
- Preheat theoven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, monkfruit and spices.
- Combinethe wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake cases. Pour in mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
Make the topping
- Whip the cream cheese and butter, cream cheese in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the allulose and whip until blended.
- Add the lime juice and zest and blend until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe on the top of the chocolate chili cupcakes.
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
can you use coconut sugar with your recipies
Yes you can.
I love the combination of chocolate and chilli, and with the lime, these must taste really interesting.
I loved the blend of taste..hope you do too!
serif and spice
I love spicy and sweet together. I am pinning this for later!
Fab! Hope you enjoy it!