A chocolate brownie recipe using coconut flour that is a moist and delicious. As with most brownie recipes these are better the next day. Gluten free and low carb too.
A brownie dish that went into the favourite list almost upon tasting! The downside is that you need to bake them a day before as they will only then take on the moist brownie texture but it’s hard to keep them for 24 hours! They are just so soft and light too. Yet another example that coconut flour can yield a great brownie/cake. Gluten free and low carb has never tasted better!
- 4 oz (112g) Cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (170g) Butter, unsalted softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
- 3/4 cup erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (28g) cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/3 cup (40g) cream heavy/double
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C /350F degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking tray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the butter, vanilla and erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice) and mix well.
- Add the eggs and blend until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and cook for 40 minutes until the top feels firm to the touch.
- Cool completely then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice into squares and serve. Eat and enjoy!