This stuffed avocado recipe uses cherry tomatoes to make a bright and colourful dish. Served with a side salad it makes a refreshing and healthy lunch.
I love avocados and this made a wonderful lunch for me, but you could serve this as a starter too. It looks pretty on a plate and is just so simple to put together. I love the bright colours and it almost looked too good to eat. It tastes fresh and light but will be fairly filling because of the nutrient density of the avocado. Avocados are one of the best foods you can eat, packed with nutrients, healthy fats and heart-healthy compounds.
Avocado is actually a fruit, and specifically a berry! They have more potassium than a banana and have over 4 grams of protein which is quite high for a fruit. They contain about 11 grams of fibre too.
Instead of filling the holes left by the avocado stone, you could scoop out the avocado flesh and mix it into the tomato mixture, then put back into the avocado shells. It will still taste the same, just a slight change to the presentation.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 Red pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh basil chopped
- Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, garlic in a bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- In a bowl mix the red onion, tomato, red pepper and basil.
- Place the tomato mixture into the avocado, then drizzle the dressing over it.
- Eat and enjoy!