This cauliflower rice recipe is seasoned with fresh herbs, lemon juice and Feta cheese. This easy cauliflower rice recipe is deliciously mixed with ribbon-cut zucchini and tangy Feta cheese.
Influenced by tabbouleh, the Middle Eastern dish of fresh herbs and bulghur wheat, I wanted something similar but made with cauliflower rice for a low carb and grain free option. The texture of the cauliflower rice is almost like couscous in texture. You would not think you are eating cauliflower, due to the herbs and lemon seasoning.
How to serve herbed cauliflower rice
Whilst you could serve this cauliflower rice with just the lemon and herbs I added ribbons of grilled zucchini and Feta cheese. You could add more vegetables to the rice or a few olives too. Add more zucchini ribbons but mix them into the cauliflower salad.
I ate a bowl of this by itself, but the Chief Taster had this as a side dish with my Salmon Pesto Parmesan.
Add slices of cucumber for a refreshing dish.
I served this with grilled zucchini ribbons on top but you could mix them into the cauliflower rice mixture
Other cauliflower rice recipes
Cauliflower Herb Rice with Feta
- ½ head cauliflower
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh mint finely chopped
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Lemon Zest & Juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Sumac optional garnish
- 1 medium zucchini
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor. Blitz until it looks like rice. Alternatively you can grate the cauliflower florets.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and cook the cauliflower rice for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so not to brown it.
- Remove from the heat and put aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Cut the zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife.
- Place the zucchini ribbons into the bowl with the dressing to coat them.
- Arrange the zucchini ribbons on a baking tray (line with parchment paper) and place under the hot grill for about 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Add the spring onions, parsley and mint to the cauliflower rice and gently stir.
- Crumble the Feta cheese into the cauliflower mixture and mix. Season with the black pepper.
- Spoon the cauliflower rice into a bowl and top with the grilled zucchini slices. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with sumac.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!