Cauliflower bread that is great for toasting and a delicious low carb and gluten free bake. The versatility of cauliflower is endless!
I've made wraps, bread sticks, pizza and even cake from cauliflower, so thought I'd try a cauliflower bread with it. The bread is firm and moist along with the Chief Taster approval. We tried a few slices as an open sandwich which were delightful. The next day I toasted a few slices with my scrambled eggs for breakfast. Just delicious! Although I've used coconut flour, you could probably use almond flour (but reduce the eggs) and get a similar result.
Cauliflower Bread (Coconut Flour)
- 1 head of cauliflower trimmed into florets (should yield about 4 cups riced cauliflower)
- 5 tblspn coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tblspn psyllium husk powder
- 2 tblspn garlic powder
- 2 tblspn onion powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz gently until the cauliflower is riced.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix gently until combined.
- Grease and line a bread tin with grease proof paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread tin and press down gently with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!