Lemon and artichoke come together in this frittata to make a refreshing lunch.
It is fresh, zesty and the taste of summer all bound together in a frittata base! The combination of lemon and artichoke as left me wanting more so shall be exploring this combination in other forms.
This has bounced straight into my top three favourite frittata flavours. It is fresh, zesty and the taste of summer all bound together in a frittata base! The combination of lemon and artichoke as left me wanting more so shall be exploring this combination in other forms.
You could use Parmesan cheese too instead of the Pecorino Romano. I used artichokes from a can for this, but you could use ones from the deli counter too. Or fresh if you want to cook, peel and chop them...if you have that time....so, from a can it is then!
Artichoke & Lemon Frittata
- 1 small onion peeled & chopped
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, tinned chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 lemon grated rind and juice
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and artichokes cook for a further minute.
- In a bowl mix the parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice and Pecorino cheese together. Add to the frying pan and stir.
- Beat the eggs until well blended, season to taste and pour over the artichoke mixture in the frying pan.
- Cook on the stove for 2-3 minutes until the frittata is slightly set.
- Place the frying pan in the oven and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes until the frittata is firm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.