These are mini quiches (with no pastry) that make a lovely appetiser, canape, snack or lunch box delight. I initially made this as a canape but you could have them whenever you like and call it something else! They are lovely morish bites of goodness! And low carb and gluten free too...huzzah!!
I used my mini muffin tin to make this canape snacks, but you could use a regular muffin tin and make larger ones. I just liked the cute tiny bite sized treats!
1 tin artichokes, drained and finely chopped
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 tspn garlic powder
1/4 tspn mustard powder
1/4 tspn oregano
1/4 tspn white pepper
2 tblspn chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
2 tblspn olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Beat the eggs and mix in the garlic powder, mustard powder, pepper, parsley and oregano.
- Add the artichoke, spinach and onion mixture, Cheddar cheese and blend well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and bake for 15 -20 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!