Almond butter is easy to make yourself and a lot cheaper too!
This is just so easy to make as long as you have a food processor. You can use either blanched almonds or almonds in their skin. Other nuts such as cashew can be used to make this too.
Almond butter is an essential ingredient one of our favourite chocolate brownies recipes. It also makes a great fat bomb too! If you make this yourself, you can be assured that there are no preservatives or sneaky chemicals added too! All natural, all good, all Divalicious!
200g packet of almonds
- Put the almonds into the food processor and just blitz away.
- You will need to keep scraping the almonds off the side during the blending.
- The nuts will grind into a fine powder, then start to heat up and make a butter. It can take about 20 minutes. Don’t get too scared of the heat, it should not be your motor, but the heat from the nuts.
- Put the delicious soft nutty butter into a sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- This is after about 20 mins in the food processor