This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This cheese jalapeno bread is a moist bread made with Cheddar Cheese and coconut flour. It’s a great low carb and gluten free bread. Sometimes when you are munching a low carb delight such as this cheese jalapeno bread you look back on the old days and do not feel a loss. A recipe that very much like a cheesy pull apart bread but in squares. It was hard not to eat the whole batch in one go. Except that it’s very filling as most coconut flour breads are. So I had to pace myself.
I had been thinking about making a cheese jalapeno muffin with one of my coconut flour recipes but then thought about making a bread instead. A baking dish the same size of a brownie tin was used as I thought that cutting it into squares would make a change. You could use this mixture in a muffin tin though. As it’s so moist I don’t think that a bread tin would work though.
Cheese Jalapeno Deliciousness
The leftover pieces were stored in the fridge (I know, shocking there were any leftover!) and we had them the next day, sliced and toasted with some eggs on top. Breakfast heaven! Actually, as I type I think that this would be a great bread to serve for a brunch too.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (56g) butter
- ¼ cup (60ml)water
- 1/3 cup (37g) coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup (25g) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ cup (56g)Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 Jalapeno chilli’s – de-seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water, pepper and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour, garlic powder and baking powder and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the Parmesan, Cheddar Cheese and jalapenos and mix well. Season with the pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking or brownie tin and line with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you wish (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy
- Makes 9 Squares
- Nutritional Info per square – 137 Calories, 11g Fat, 6g Protein, 4g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs