A moist chocolate brownie with a swirl of peanut butter gives you a tasty treat.
These brownies are just so soft. Luckily for me the Chief Taster was travelling so I got to be the sole taster. I normally let the brownies cool before eating but curiousity got the better of me. Very delicious warm. So much that I had to cut them into squares once cool and wrap them up for the freezer before I ate the whole tin.
I used chunky peanut butter only because the smooth was not available in my normal brand. The crunch added something to the brownie but smooth would be just as nice.
Although I used coconut flour for this, you could make this recipe with almond flour too. Perhaps with less egg and coconut milk though as coconut flour does love liquid!
I cut the total bake into 9 squares but you could cut smaller portions if you wanted (but why! I cry). They freeze very well and are a handy snack to have in the freezer.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1/4 (52g) cup sugar substitute
- 3/4 (190g) cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (156g) sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup(56g) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (56g) coconut milk
- 1/4 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the dry brownie ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease and line a square brownie tin with parchment paper.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs and sugar substitute and blend well.
- Add the butter and coconut milk and combine until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until smooth. (I use a hand whisk).
- Place the topping ingredients in a bowl and using a hand blender mix until smooth. You could also use a blender for this.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the brownie tin and smooth over evenly with a spoon.
- Dollop the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie mixture and gently mix it slightly in.
- Bake for 40 minutes until firm.
- Nutritional Info per square – 332 Calories, 27g Fat, 12g Protein, 12g Total Carbs, 5g Fibre, 7g Net Carbs