The sweetness of the onion in this frittata along with the nuttiness of the roasted cauliflower is just divine! Great served warm with a salad but is equally delicious cold. I always think that a frittata is a great dish when you want a no fuss dish that is easy to make and tasty to eat. This dish will not disappoint.
To multi-task, cook the cauliflower and onions at the same time. I’ve also made this by throwing the cauliflower and onions together in a large frying pan and cooking slowly until both are golden. Although just as nice, there’s something about roasting a cauliflower that gives it a nuttier taste.
I used Parmesan cheese but other cheeses would be as equally as tasty. Perhaps Feta or Cheddar?
This dish is rather a form of hunger torture as you make it though. From the smell to the caramalised onions, to the roasted cauliflower. It was nothing short of a miracle that both vegetables were added to the pan and not munched directly!
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tspn white pepper
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 3 tblspns olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
- Toss the cauliflower in 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the florets over. Roast for a further 25 minutes until the cauliflower is golden.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 8 inch frying pan on a medium heat.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the frying pan along with the onions.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season with the salt and pepper and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Keep the frying pan on a medium heat and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the bottom is firm, then finish off under the grill for a further 7 minutes until the top is firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per quarter slice: 147 Calories, 8g Fat, 12g Protein, 7g Carbs, 1g Fibre, 6g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!