Lemon and Basil Muffins (Almond Flour)
Lemon and basil is a flavouring that is usually used for sauces but I thought I’d put it in a muffin. It works, with the sweet taste having a slight savoury aftertaste of the basil. It’s a taste of Spring in your mouth! I half expected the Chief Taster to throw them across the room and demand chocolate, but he loved them and munched them with relish. I decorated mine with a lemon cream cheese glaze but you could happily serve them plain. Or with the topping of your choice…go crazy and get creative!
Lemon & Basil Muffins
2 cups almond flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1/4 cup water
Juice and rind from 2 lemons
2 tblspn fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, erythritol, lemon zest, lemon juice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Add the basil and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 8 to 10 muffins.
Nutritional Info per muffin – 275 Calories, 9g Fat, 8g Protein, 7g Carbs, 3g Fibre, 4g Net Carbs)
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!