A flaxseed chocolate brownie that may change your mind about flaxseed. These are moist, tasty and full of goodness!
I found this recipe on a low carb website and gave it a whirl! Amazing! You would never know that it is full of a flaxseeds and is low carb! Everything a brownie should be but a low carb version! I am excited about it as it is a great way to eat flaxseed too! These are much better the next day and have that lovely chewy, moist texture of a decent brownie. I played around with the basic recipe and made 3 batches, one plain, one with raspberries and one with walnuts. All were as moreish as each other!
To grind the erthyritol, I process it in a blender so it resembles icing sugar. I like the method of making these brownies too as it reminds me of making cakes as a child, with creaming the butter and adding sugar. Although this is a much more healthier version!
1/4 lb butter
2 cups erthyritol, ground
2 cups flax seed, ground
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup cream
1 tspn salt
40z chocolate (dark and good quality), melted
1 tblspn baking powder
1/3 cup cream
2/3 cups water
1 cup erthyritol
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Cream the butter until soft and fluffy.
- Add the ground erthyritol to and blend well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence and blend until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoughly
- Spoon the mixture into a greased baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and cut into pieces. Best eaten the next day if you can bear it!
- Eat and enjoy!