A baked riccotta pie flavoured with citrus and decorated with berries making this a light and healthy dessert.
This is a delicious way to cook with Ricotta and gives you an lovely crustless “pie”. Low carb delight for dessert! It is a lovely change to a cheesecake and I like to serve it with berries on the top. Mainly because I love the flavour combination of zesty citrus with berries. Yum!
I used lemon and lime for the flavours of this crustless pie but you could try it with orange too…or add a spice or two? Go crazy and make it your own! I love it when readers play around and create something delicious!
1 15oz tub of ricotta cheese
Juice and zest of one lime and one lemon
2/3 cup erthyritol (or sugar subsitute of your choice)
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180F/350F degrees.
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm.
- Combine the other ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Chill for at least 90 minutes and serve with berries of choice on top. (optional).
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 8 servings
Nutrition: Per serving: 133 Calories; 10g Fat; 9g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb