There’s nothing like a refreshing glass of sangria or Pimms on a warm afternoon, but I thought I would try a white sangria for a change.
In all honesty, I had a bottle of white wine sitting about that was not the best tasting. Luckily for me I normally have some white in the cupboards. Together with a couple more ingredients you suddenly have white sangria! Or how to drink a bottle of white wine that you can’t drink by itself. Or perhaps the motto of the day should be, always add rum to more booze!
I use soda water instead of lemonade to keep this low carb and make it a healthier option. If you have a sweet tooth, you could always add a spoonful of sugar sustitute.
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1/4 (60ml) cup white rum
- Juice from 2 limes
- 24oz soda water
- Berries and slices of lime to decorate.
- Put about two trays of ice cubes in a jug or pitcher.
- Add the berries, lime slices, lime juice, white white, rum and soda.
- Stir and pour into a glass.
- Nutritional Info per glass - 95 Calories, 3g Total Carbs