This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This cheesecake crust is baked with 3 ingredients and makes a delicious low carb and gluten free crust. It is like a giant cookie.
This is a great cheesecake base for those following a low carb or Gluten Free diet. It could be used as a pie crust too I guess. I add ground ginger to mine to give it a bit of zing. Mainly because I used to use ginger biscuits for my cheesecake bases before the days of low carbs and no wheat.
Feel free to add the flavouring of your choice! The mixture initially is quite sticky and needs to be placed in the refrigerator overnight. Then it can be rolled out into a pan. You can always make these ahead and freeze them, for those of you needing a cheesecake fix on the same day!
I find that this makes a great crust for no-bake cheesecakes as the crust improves in texture when left in the fridge overnight. It firms up and really does appear to be a biscuit based cheesecake crust.
In this version I have deliberately omitted any low carb sweetener. My assumption is that the cheesecake filling is sweet enough and I don’t want to overpower any sweet taste. You may want to adjust it for your own taste though.
- 1/2 cup (113g) Butter, unsalted softened
- 4 oz (112g) Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (96g) Almond Flour
- Mix the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the salt and almond flour and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a piece of wax paper, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight OR place in the freezer for at least an hour (for a speedy use)
- Remove and let sit for 15 minutes before use.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Gently roll out and place into a pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and use in a cheesecake or dessert recipe.
- Eat and enjoy!
[amazon_link asins=’B00OZQF0CS,B00DL9LNNU,B00IDLV6OM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’divaliciou04c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’46b73901-852b-11e7-b96f-6fc0a68ba887′]