This crepe cake is made from layers of ricotta crepes with a lemon cream filling in each layer.
What’s better than a crepe? A whole stack of them, with layers of cream in between them giving the eater the illusion of cake! I made this lemon in flavour, but they would also be great with layers of chocolate cream, or perhaps berries. The concept is the same and the fillings can be creative. Layers of crepes galore!
I used a dash of stevia, but you may want to increase the level of sweetener you use if you have a sweeter tooth than me.
You could experiment with different flavours and fruit with this crepe cake. Raspberries with a chocolate cream would be a delicious flavour combination. Whipped cream could be used as a filling. I only used Mascarpone cream simply because it was on special offer in the supermarket. Plus I was thinking about a tiramisu dessert and this would be a similar texture.
- 7 tablespoons ricotta
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia
- 2-4 Lemons Juice
- 1 16oz (453g) Mascarpone Tub
- 2 tablespoons butter for cooking crepes
- Place the ricotta, eggs, stevia (or sweetener) and juice of 1 lemon in either a blender or bowl and mix until smooth.
- Heat the oil or butter in a small frying pan and spoon about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until golden on one side, then flip/turn and cook the other side until golden.
- Place the cooked pancake on a sheet of grease proof paper.
- Repeat this until all the pancake mixture has finished. It should make about 12 pancakes in total.
- Allow the pancakes to cool (this should not take too long since the pancakes are thin).
- Mix the remaining lemon juice with the Mascarpone cheese (sweeten if you want) and blend until smooth.
- Place one pancake on a plate, gently smooth a layer of the Mascarpone mixture onto the pancake. Place another pancake on top and repeat. Spread the top with the cream mixture and decorate as desired.
- Eat and enjoy!