Light and moist lemon cupcakes made from coconut flour with a delicious chocolate avocado topping.
Since I have baked these the Chief Taster requests for a batch almost every week for a "treat'". They are deliciously light and lemony and the avocado and chocolate frosting goes well with the lemon cake. I was eating a chocolate avocado pudding one day and thought that this would make a lovely cake topping. I was right. The coconut oil gives it a lovely gloss too. I slathered it on my cupcakes but you could pipe it on. (I need a new icing bag!)
The lemon cakes are delicious by themselves so feel free to either have them "bare" or use another topping. If you are an avocado fan though, try the topping! It's great by itself and I had a happy time eating the leftover topping!
Lemon Cupcakes & Chocolate Avocado Frosting
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Lemon - juice & zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Avocado peeled and stone removed
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Ground erythritol or sugar substitute of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend together the butter, eggs, erythritol, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt, and whisk until there are no lumps and there is a smooth batter.
- Pour into cupcake cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- Blend the topping ingredients until smooth. I used a hand blender but feel free to do an upper arm workout and try it with a fork/spoon!
- Slather the topping over the lemon cakes (or pipe it, my piping bag had to be thrown out so I had to slather!)
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins='B00MFC5JVQ,B01FRQ5D4Y,B01N6437ZN' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='8fa3a752-7a1c-11e8-bbbf-7b636958dfe4']