Keto Flaxseed Strawberry muffins make a great breakfast or healthy snack. Made with flaxseed, almond flour and strawberries they are a sugar free and gluten free breakfast on the go.
The great thing about flaxseed is that they are a great weight loss food. High in fibre, low in carbs and are great for the digestive system too. Flax seeds are good sources of omega-3 fats, lignan and are great source of plant based protein. Starting the day with a flaxseed muffin is a good start to a healthy day.
Carbs in strawberries
Strawberries are a great fruit to enjoy on a keto diet. A 100g serving is 5.58 net carbs and is about a cup. It’s best to measure them depending on how small you chop the berries.
A quick keto sweet treat can be a simple bowl of strawberries and cream when you don’t want to bake.
Healthy strawberry muffins
At only 3g net carbs these moist muffins are a sweet breakfast on the go. Bake a batch ahead and grab one when you don’t want to cook breakfast. I find these very filling and the strawberries give the muffin extra moisture and sweetness.
A batch of these helped me out recently when I went to a charity lunch and knew that the food would not be a good option for me. I scoffed a muffin beforehand and it kept me going until the cocktails were served!
How to store flaxseed strawberry muffins
These muffins are best stored in an airtight container and in the fridge. The muffins will keep moist and delicious for 3 to 4 days. They freeze well too!
Sugar-free, gluten free, keto muffins
Enjoy more healthy muffins for a keto breakfast or snack on the go:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Flaxseed Strawberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Place the flaxseed meal, almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the melted butter. Whisk until slightly fluffy.
- Add half of the dry mixture and continue to whisk. Add the remaining mixture and gradually add the water until you have a smooth consistency.
- Chop the strawberries and fold them into the cake mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with cases and fill them with the batter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tops are golden and firm
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!