A delicious no bake gluten free cheesecake that combines the flavours of ginger, chocolate and rum.
This cheesecake is rich, rummy and full of chocolate. If it was a film it would have an 18 rating (well possibly not in Europe...maybe a 15..). The combination of fresh and dried ginger in the base goes so well with the chocolate and I threw some rum into the mix as a homage to my current country of residence. This is a very rich desert and would be a great winter comfort dessert. There's something about the combination of chocolate and rum that reminds me of winter. Probably chocolate rum balls?
This is a no bake cheesecake but you could always bake the cups first if you wanted them more crispier and firmer. Although I have said that this makes 6, you may have a bit of cheesecake mixture left. Either eat it with a spoon from the bowl as a treat to yourself for being in the kitchen or save it for later!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tblspn grated fresh ginger
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1 tblspn ethyritol or sugar subsitute
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar subsitute
- 1/3 cup 125ml single cream
- 2 tblspn cocoa powder
- 3 tblspn dark rum
- 75 g dark chocolate
- Mix the base ingredients together until they form a breadcrumb-like mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with cling film in six individual tins and ensure that the edges overlap. This helps you remove the cheesecake once firm.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the nut mixture into the muffin tin and spread out along the bottom and the sides, until you have a case.
- Place in the fridge to firm whilst you make the filling.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (or bowl over a saucepan of simmering water).
- Remove and slightly cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, cream, erythritol and cocoa powder together until blended.
- Add the rum and stir until combined.
- Remove the cases from the fridge and spoon the mixture into the individual cases.
- Place in the fridge and allow to firm for at least 2 hours. You can always leave them over night too.
- Once firm, remove the individual cheesecakes from the tin by gently lifting the edges of the clingfilm.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes