These thumbprint cookies are baked with cream cheese and flavoured with warm gingerbread spices. Coconut flour keeps these cookies low carb and gluten free.
Delicious gingerbread thumbprint cookies that have a smooth vanilla centre. You could change the flavour of the filling if you so wished. I was tempted to make this with a chocolate filling, but perhaps next time. Oooh, maybe lemon too! That’s just occurred to me. I think that it would work better than chocolate. Never thought that I’d type the words better than chocolate though.
The trick with this recipe is to ensure that the cream cheese and butter are soft. Room temperature soft. I left mine out a bit too long with the room temperature being very warm here. The butter was about 10 minutes of becoming liquid! However, the recipe worked out well and it made it a lot easier to blend.
I took these thumbprint cookies to my temporary taste testers at my vets. They were well received and declared a favourite. So, this recipe went to the list of videos to make. Which meant another batch for the team at the vets!
If you enjoy my cream cheese cookies, you will love these! They smell divine when baking with the temptation to eat them all whilst still warm is very strong. Having to wait for them to cool to pipe in the filling is hard!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Cream Cheese Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
- 4 oz (112g) Cream cheese softened
- 2 oz (56g) Butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Erythrtiol, ground low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Blend the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the erythritol and continue to blend.
- Add the vanilla, coconut flour and spices.
- Blend until combined.
- Roll walnut sized balls of the dough. It helps to wet your hands first to do this.
- Place the balls onto a parchment paper lined tray.
- With a damp finger, poke holes in the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together. A hand-held blender will make the smoothest result.
- Pipe the mixture into the centre of the cookie.
- Eat & Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.