These are yummy sandwich cookies with a creamy coconut filling. Low carb, gluten free goodness! And my favourite sugar substitute erythritol again. You CAN eat delicious cookies without fear of the scales the next morning or a sudden sugar rush!
I like the filling as it reinforces my love of coconut and all that is good with it! I am using xanthan gum here for a binding agent. I sometimes use this in my pastry recipes and purchase this from my local organic health store. For the ground erythritol I simply process granulated erythritol in a blender until it looks like icing sugar. I may play around with these cookies too…am thinking something ginger with either a lemon or lime filling…mmmm..
Coconut Cream Cookies
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn xanthan gum
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
3 tblspn coconut oil
1/3 cup ground eryhtritol
1/4 tspn vanilla extract
1 tblspn coconut milk
1/3 cup finely grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, erythritol, baking soda, salt and xantham gum.
- Add the egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract and stir until the mixture becomes a dough.
- Roll 1 inch balls of the mixture and place on a parchment baking sheet (on a baking tray).
- Flatten the balls out with the palm of your hand to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes and let cool on the pan.
- Make the filling by mixing the coconut oil and powdered erythritol. Add the vanilla, coconut milk and grated coconut until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per cookie (based on a batch of 8) – 275 Calories, 27g Fat, 6g Protein, 8g Carb, 4g Fibre, 4g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!