Coconut flour chocolate cupcakes topped with a creamy raspberry topping make a delightful afternoon treat.
If you want to see me salivate in a restaurant over the dessert menu then make sure that there is a chocolate and raspberry option. There is something about this flavour combination which makes my taste buds dance with pleasure. Almost a sexy salsa. So, as I was baking a batch of chocolate cupcake it only seemed natural to me to add a raspberry topping.
Chocolate Cup Cakes with a Creamy Raspberry Topping
- ⅓ cup 41g fresh/frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup 75g cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 tspn ground erythritol or sugar substitute of your choice
- ¼ cup 28g coconut flour
- ¼ cup 56g butter, melted
- ¼ cup 56g erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- ¼ cup 22g cocoa powder
- 2 tblspns coconut milk
- 2 tblspns water
- 3 eggs
- ½ tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend together the butter, eggs, erythritol and coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt, and whisk until there are no lumps and there is a smooth batter. Add the water if the mixture is a bit too stiff.
- Pour into cupcake cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- Blend the topping ingredients until smooth. I used a hand blender but feel free to do an upper arm workout and try it with a fork/spoon!
- Slather the topping over the lemon cakes (or pipe it, my piping bag had to be thrown out so I had to slather!)
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per cupcake (with topping) 179 Calories, 15g Fat, 5g Protein, 7g Carb, 4g Fibre, 3g Net Carb