Coconut flour chocolate cupcakes topped with a creamy raspberry topping make a delightful afternoon treat.
If you want to see me salivate in a restaurant over the dessert menu then make sure that there is a chocolate and raspberry option. There is something about this flavour combination which makes my taste buds dance with pleasure. Almost a sexy salsa. So, as I was baking a batch of chocolate cupcake it only seemed natural to me to add a raspberry topping.
Chocolate Cup Cakes with a Creamy Raspberry Topping
- ⅓ cup 41g fresh/frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup 75g cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 tspn ground erythritol or sugar substitute of your choice
- ¼ cup 28g coconut flour
- ¼ cup 56g butter, melted
- ¼ cup 56g erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- ¼ cup 22g cocoa powder
- 2 tblspns coconut milk
- 2 tblspns water
- 3 eggs
- ½ tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend together the butter, eggs, erythritol and coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder baking powder and salt, and whisk until there are no lumps and there is a smooth batter. Add the water if the mixture is a bit too stiff.
- Pour into cupcake cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- Blend the topping ingredients until smooth. I used a hand blender but feel free to do an upper arm workout and try it with a fork/spoon!
- Slather the topping over the lemon cakes (or pipe it, my piping bag had to be thrown out so I had to slather!)
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per cupcake (with topping) 179 Calories, 15g Fat, 5g Protein, 7g Carb, 4g Fibre, 3g Net Carb
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.