This cheese and jalapeno recipe is a simple snack to make and is quick to make too. It’s fast becoming one of our “I need a snack and I need it now!” regulars.
With only three ingredients this is something that the Chief Taster could do, if he could find the cheese grater. Or he would probably purchase the cheese ready grated! There I’ve been grating the cheese like a chump!
Although this recipe has the one jalapeno, the particular packet I had purchase were massive and very long, so you may want to double up on the quantity, depending upon how spicy you like your food. A dash of cayenne pepper would be great too. Basically, add any flavourings you like to cheese, melt it until it’s crispy then munch. Great with a dip or by themselves too!
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut into slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the two cheeses together.
- Take a small handful of cheese and place it on the parchment paper in small circles.
- Place a slice or two of the jalapeno peppers onto the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and has a slight crisp to it.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool so that the cheese hardens.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Makes 12
- Nutritional Info per crisp – 35 Calories, 3g Fat, 3g Protein, 0.3g Total Carbs, 0g Fibre, 0.3g Net Carbs