I was trying to make an alternative to a vegetarian version of Paella but decided just to call this vegetable rice. I am enjoying using cauliflower as an alternative to rice…the joy of cauliflower yet again! You could throw some cooked chicken or some prawns in this but my version just has veggies. The essential ingredient is the flavourings really, add those and any veggies will do!
This is a great main veggie dish, but you could also have this as side dish if you were cooking a few stir fried dishes too. I am putting it into both categories..as the jury is still out on what suits this best! I have been enjoying this in my packed lunch box for work (and zap it in the microwave). Keeps me lively until home time!
- 1 cauliflower, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, lightly cooked
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tspn paprika
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tblspn coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil on a low heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until tender.
- Add the peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, frozen peas and spices and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!