I wanted to make a slight difference to cauliflower cheese and thought, why not put it in a pepper and bake it! I used red and yellow peppers as I find them sweeter than green peppers. The result was a tasty supper dish that is lovely by itself (probably because we ate a large plateful of them) or would be fabulous with a salad. Or perhaps you could serve these as a side vegetable for a big hearty dinner!
You could vary the cheese too…I am toying with trying this with Stilton as I love the strong cheese…or perhaps some camembert…mmm…..cheesey goodness! Low carb and gluten free deliciousness on a plate!
250g cooked cauliflower, cut into florets
75g cream cheese
100g Cheddar cheese
25g Cheddar Cheese grated (for the topping)
1/2 tspn white pepper
1/4 tspn mustard
1/2 tspn garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a saucepan, gently soften the cream cheese and add the 100g Cheddar cheese until melted. Add the mustard and pepper (and garlic powder if you are using it)
- Cut the peppers in half and deseed them.
- Place the cauliflower into the pepper halves, then cover them with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the 25g grated cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!