This is simply another way of using the Parmesan cheese nests and fashioning them into a taco shell shape. This way the tacos are low carb and gluten free. And a perfect taco shell for cheese fans!
For the filling, I cooked up a mixture of garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes and chilli with some spicy seasoning for the vegetarian option. This mixture was put into the taco shell, grated cheese and sour cream put on top and voila! The husband had the same but with the addition of minced chicken to his filling. You could fill the taco shells with whatever filling you choose and slather it with any topping too!
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tpsn cayenne pepper (or spices of your choice)
- Mix the cayenne pepper into the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- Scatter the Parmesan cheese all over the frying pan, covering it with a thin layer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then flip over to the other side and cook this for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the cooked cheese from the pan and place over a rolling pin (or something similiarly circular). Leave to cool.
- Remove and voila! A cheesey Taco Shell!
- Fill with your choice of vegetables/meat/fish, eat and enjoy!