This is very similar to the lemon cake with the oranges being boiled first but yields for a lovely moist cake. Easy to make, easier to eat! Make sure that the oranges are organic as the whole orange, skin included it used.
2 medium oranges
4 eggs, separated
1 cup honey
2 cups almond flour
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
- Place the oranges in a saucepan of water, ensuring that they are covered. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. They should be soft enough for a fork to go through them.
- Remove the oranges and cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Place the oranges into a food processor and blend into a paste with no lumps.
- Add the almond flour, honey, salt, baking soda and egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg white into soft peaks and gently fold into the orange batter.
- Place the batter into a greased spring form cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Eat and enjoy!