A favourite recipe for coconut flour. Well, one of many……The mixture looks like fluffy egg white and can be a bit fiddly to handle in the frying pan, have two spatulas on hand. Toppings can be honey, cinnamon, berries, cream, rum if it’s the weekend/one of those mornings….
1 tspn olive oil
1/2 tspn vanilla
1/4 tspn cinnamon
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn honey
2 tblspn coconut flour
- Seperate the egg yolks and whites into two bowls. Whip the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Add all the wet ingredients (except for the egg whites) in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Fold in the egg whites and blend well.
- Add olive oil to a fry pan and warm on a medium to low heat. Don’t have it too high as your pancakes will burn.
- Pour circles of batter into the frying pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes on one side.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Smother in chosen topping (or without, as these are sweet enough without) and eat.