These pumpkin sticks are a sweet pumpkin tasty version of my low carb and gluten free cinnamon sticks. The difference being these are made with pumpkin and flavoured with pumpkin spices. Sweet, soft and delicious, I dare you to stop at eating just one!
This is another coconut flour recipe that is dough like with the addition of psyllium husk powder. High in fibre, low in carbs, paleo and gluten free. All healthy and tasty boxes are ticked.
Low Carb & Gluten Free
If you have a sweet tooth for breakfast then start the day with one or two of these as they are high in fibre and should keep you full, as long as you drink enough water. Coconut flour is the sponge of the low carb flours so you should always make sure you drink water after consuming some.
I was making some pumpkin bagels and whilst I was taste testing them thought to myself “these would be nice as sticks with a cream cheese topping”. So I whipped up another batch of the pumpkin dough I was playing with, made a couple of adjustments and voila! There is nothing better than being right about your instincts when it comes to food! Plus getting it right on the first attempt too! I did a lap of victory around the kitchen with only my mini zoo looking on to applaud me. I think they understood.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons (56g) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon (18g) psyllium ground powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup erythritol (52g) (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2oz (56g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground erythritol (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, spices and psyllium powder in a bowl and combine well.
- Add the pumpkin puree, butter, vanilla essence, erythritol and the eggs. Mix thoroughly until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Boil the water and add to the mixture a bit at a time, stirring thoroughly until you have a dough.
- Cut the dough into six pieces. Take one of the pieces and roll out into a stick
- Place the pumpkin sticks on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning over after 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Blend the cream cheese, ground erythritol together with the water, adding any more if necessary for the topping. Drizzle this over the pumpkin sticks.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Makes 6 Sticks
- Nutritional info per stick – 179 Calories, 12g Fat, 4g Protein, 13g Total Carbs, 8g Fibre, 5g Net Carbs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $16.83Was: $27.99
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Out of stock
Price: $7.81Was: $8.99
Price: $6.98Was: $7.68