I love cheese cake in all it’s creamy forms. Swapping the biscuity bottom for almond flour keeps it low carb. I like to add ginger to the base to pretend it is the ginger biscuits I used to use back in the days of high carbs and sugary badness.
100g almond flour
15g butter, softened
1 tblspn ground ginger
850g cream cheese
300ml double cream
1 lemon, rind and juice
1 tblspn honey
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees
- Mix the almond flour, butter and ground ginger to make a dough. Press this into a spring-release tin and bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce the heat to 180C/350F.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then whisk in the eggs, double cream and lemon rind and juice. Add the honey.
- Pour the filling into the tin onto of the almond base and bake for 1 hour. Let cool in the oven until cold. Then chill in the fridge.
- Cover the top with either whipped cream, berries or both.
- Eat and enjoy!