A keto zucchini soup with the addition of a strong Stilton cheese makes a creamy soup for winter when your taste buds need a lift.
I love making soups as they are so easy to make! Even the Chief Taster can cope with making a soup too! If he can make this, anyone can! Easy and delicious! What more could you ask for! The result is a delicious creamy zucchini soup with a tang of Stilton!
Stilton soup is normally associate with broccoli, but I thought I would try something else and had a bunch of zucchini in my fridge, and thought "well, they are green so therefore a substitute for broccoli". They give the soup a lovely creamy consistency and went very well with the Stilton.
Is zucchini keto friendly?
Zucchini is a great low carb vegetable and has 2g net carbs per 100g serving. It's slightly lower than cauliflower that is the poster vegetable for low carb!
How to make zucchini soup
Soup is an easy and simple recipe and this keto zucchini soup recipe does not disappoint. Cook the vegetables, simmer in stock and add cheese. Blend and enjoy!
We have not added any additional seasons or herbs because the Stilton has a strong flavour.
- Zucchini - Choose firm and ripe.
- Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- Stilton cheese - Stilton cheese is preferable but a blue cheese could be used.
If Stilton is too strong for you, substitute it with Cheddar for a smoother cheese soup.
When cooked and blended zucchini makes a creamy soup. The cheese could be omitted for a cream of zucchini soup. Add a dash of heavy cream for taste.
More low carb soup recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally published in March 2013. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Zucchini & Stilton Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 lb zucchini cut into chunks
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 oz Stilton cheese crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a further 7 minutes, stirring to ensure they do not go brown, but cook evenly.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the zucchini are tender.
- Add the Stilton cheese, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Blend in either a processor or with a hand blender.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!