Almond meal & zucchini falafel
Servings: 2 People
- ½ Cup almond meal pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
- 20 g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, (cilantro), fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Place all of the ingredients, except the baking soda and coconut flour in a food processor and blitz until combined.
Spoon the mixture into a bowl and add the baking soda and coconut. Mix well. Add more coconut flour if required.
Take about a tablespoon of the mixture, and make into balls, flattening slightly.
Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm.
Heat the olive oil on a medium heat in a frying pan.
Fry the falafel on both side for until golden and firm.
Eat and enjoy!
Makes 10-12 falafel balls
Nutritional Info per falafel - 81 Calories, 7g Fat, 2g Protein, 4g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs