Coconut Cake with coconut cream cheese frosting
Servings: 8 Slices
A low carb cake for coconut lovers.
- ½ Cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Grated cream coconut from a block (optional if you have it)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 5 eggs separated
- ½ cup Erythritol or sugar subsitute
- ½ cup Butter softened at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ½ cup butter softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons erythritol ground, preferable
- ½ cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
Make the Cake:
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
Grease a square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
In a bowl, beat the butter and erythritol together until combined.
Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract and coconut milk and coconut cream. Mix thoroughly.
Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, salt and baking powder. Stir well.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter.
Pour into the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
To Make the Frosting:
Beat the cream cheese, butter and erythritol together. Add the coconut milk to lightly thin out.
Beat until smooth. You may want to use a hand blender to smooth any lumps out.
Assemble the cake:
Place one half of the cake onto of a serving plate.
Spoon frosting over the half evenly until covered.
Place the other half on top.
Cover the top and edges of the cake with the rest of the frosting.
Sprinkle and press the desiccated coconut onto the frosting.
Slice and serve!
Makes 8 slices
Nutritional Info per slice – 454 Calories, 43g Fat, 8g Protein, 12g Total Carbs, 5g Fibre, 7g Net Carbs
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 43g | Fiber: 5g