Red Velvet Cupcake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 9 Cupcakes
These red velvet cupcake are baked with coconut flour, making them grain free, low carb and gluten free.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2-3 teaspoons Red food colouring
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3.53 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsalted softened
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
Beat the eggs well, stir in the coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
Add the red food colouring and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk). It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
Place the batter into cupcake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
Allow to cool
Make the Topping
For the cream cheese topping, mix the cream cheese, erythritol, vanilla extract and butter until soft with no lumps. (Mix with a blender if it's easier).
Smother the cupcakes with the topping!
Eat and enjoy!
Makes 9 Cupcakes
Nutritional Info per cupcake: 190 Calories, 19g Fat, 4g Protein, 4g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 2g